This is where we are. Click on + and - keys to zoom in or out, or click and drag the map. Note the green marker shows our farm driveway which leads up to the River Meadow and the farmhouse; the red marker shows Mill Lane, which is the entrance for the Mill, the Piggery, and the vegetable sales.
View Radford Mill approach in a larger map
We encourage visitors to minimise car use, using a combination of carrots and a very small stick. We present very good bus service information below, and we encourage a lift-share scheme for every event. If you need a lift at any time, send an email to email@example.com. We also charge £3 for each car for day-events, and £5 to park overnight; all the parking monies go towards our Renewable Energy Fund.
Directions to Radford Mill Farm, Radford (near Timsbury) BA2 0QF
Please note there are several "areas" of the farm and two principal driveway entrances: the Farmhouse and the River Meadow are accessed via the Farm driveway; and The Piggery and vegetable sales are accessed via Mill Lane. Volunteers who are staying overnight should aim for the Farmhouse. If arriving on foot (from the bus in Timsbury) the Farmhouse is down the hill to the right; the Piggery is down the hill and to the left, near Mill Lane.
By BUS, from Bath:
Buses are approximately every 2 hours Monday to Saturday 08:20 to 23:00, and Sunday 10:00 to 20:00. From Bath Bus station (next to Bath Spa Rail station) there are two buses: FirstBus no. 179 to Timsbury British Legion Hall and CT Coaches no. 768 to Greenvale Drive (they both take about 25 minutes). No. 768 stops in the road out in front of the bus station.
From the British Legion Hall walk south on Newman's Lane, past the Fish and Chip shop on the left, then turn right past the post office on the left, to the end. Turn left about 75 metres then turn right at the T-junction (the Clock Shop will be behind you). Walk about 100 metres, turn left at Mill Lane and walk until the pavement runs out.
There are now two choices:
- - for events at The Piggery and Mill Lane end of the farm, walk straight ahead, down the dirt track for about
5 minutes, follow the sharp left bend and then around and to the right and then left again (all within about 50 metres) and then as you re-join the tarmac straight ahead about 20 metres. You will see The Piggery down a track to your right, and the Mill is further down to the left on Mill Lane.
- - for the Farmhouse or River Meadow end of the farm, stay on the tarmac pavement and turn right along St. John's Rd. to the end which is Greenvale Drive. Turn left and walk straight ahead between the houses, over the stile into the field; from here the farmhouse is about 5 minutes' walk. You will see the footpath going down the field and diagonally to the right. At
the lower right-hand corner of the field, go over the first stile and turn right down the track, then straight ahead
past the car park and barns. The farmhouse is the first stone building. For The River Meadow go over the second stile straight ahead, then through two more stiles and straight ahead to the farm driveway. You will see the Canal cut on your right. Go to the far side of the Canal, turn right and walk along the edge of it to a set of steps leading down into a field - - that is the River Meadow.
If you are on the no. 768, get off at Timsbury - Greenvale Drive, walk south towards the farm-land, and follow directions above.
By BUS, from Bristol:
Bus no. 178 is approximately every hour Monday to Friday 07:20 to 20:00, and Saturday 08:40 to 20:00. The late night bus at 23:20 is no. 678, see "Airport" section below. From Bristol Bus station or Temple Meads rail station take no. 178 to Timsbury - Bloomfield Rd/North Rd – this takes about 1 hour. Walk forward to the crossroads (the bus will have turned to the right) and cross over straight ahead, continue for about 300 metres past the graveyard on your left and then the church on your right, to the end which is a T-junction, and turn right. You will see the red telephone box behind you. Now follow the directions in the "By BUS, from Bath" section above.
By ROAD, from Bath:
Take A367 Wells Rd towards Wells/Radstock. Straight up through the houses and when amongst the shops the road bends sharp right and coninues pat the Bear pub, then up again until you reach the small Red Lion roundabout. Then straight ahead until the large Odd Down roundabout with the Park and Ride. Straight over (A367 towards Radstock, Peasedown and Shepton Mallet) for another ½ mile, until the road curves right and descends, then curves left. On the left bend you turn ½ right on the A3115 towards Tunley and Timsbury (about 2 miles). After passing through Tunley (with speed bumps, etc.) the road goes down a hill, you pass the an Indian restaurant on the right, then pass the Camerton Rd. on the left, then about 200 metres further the road turns sharp right, but you go straight ahead on Weekesley Lane. Continue down Weekesley Lane about ½ mile to Radford, then right towards Paulton. After 75 metres find Mill Lane on the right, and after another 450 metres the Radford Mill Farm driveway is on the right.
By ROAD, from Bristol:
Take the A37 Wells Rd. from Temple Meads rail station south, about 11 miles, passing through Pensford, Clutton and Temple Cloud. At the traffic light turn left on the A39 about ½ mile, though Hallatrow. Turn right at white bollards on B3355 ½ mile to Paulton. Straight over the small roundabout, and at the next micro-roundabout the main road turns sharp right, but you go straight ahead in front of the Red Lion pub. Continue straight ahead about 1 mile, through the houses and down the hill with the cemetery on your right, up the dark hill, straight over the crossroads, past the Somerset Inn on the right, down and up, and then at the bottom of the next downhill is the Radford Mill Farm driveway on the left. Mill Lane is straight ahead another 450 metres on the left.
From Bristol Airport:
There is an airport bus every 10-15 minutes to the city of Bristol which takes about 20 minutes, and get off the bus at Temple Meads rail station. There are three choices:
1) Take bus no.178 from Temple Meads station as above "By bus from Bristol".
2) If you are later than 20:00 (Mon-Sat) or on Sundays, take bus no. 678 from Temple Meads to Timsbury - Bloomfield Rd. and then follow the directions in the "By Bus, from Bristol" above. If you are already in the centre of Bristol, note that the no. 678 does NOT leave from the Bus Station, but from Union St., about 4 minutes' walk - ask in the bus station for diretions. It will also stop at Temple Meads station. On Mondays to Saturdays no. 678 leaves Union St. at 23:20, and on Sundays at 10:45, 14:00, and 17:15.
3) If you are later than 20:00 (Mon-Sat) or 17:15 (Sun) AND YOU HAVE made an arrangement with us, send us a text when you are at Temple Meads station, take bus no. 376 ("Wells") and get off at White Cross/Hallatrow. Bus no. 376 is at Temple Meads station at 20:33, 21:33 and 23:33 Mon-Sat, and approx. every hour until 22:28 on Sundays. The farm is about 3 miles/5km away so we will meet you at the car wash garage at White Cross. The bus driver may not know where this stop is, so -- it is two stops after the village of Temple Cloud, immediately after the A39 road turning on the left. This junction has a prominent white house on the corner at the edge of the road with a "white cross" on top. The car wash garage is easy to see, lots of yellow signs, and is on the right of the junction.
- - - : - - -