This is where we are. Click the + and - keys on the map to zoom in or out, or click and drag the map. Note the green marker shows our farm driveway which leads up to the River Meadow and the Driveway Meadow and the Farmhouse; the red marker shows Mill Lane, which is the entrance for the Mill, the Piggery, and the vegetable sales.
View Radford Mill approach in a larger map
We encourage visitors to minimise car use, using a combination of carrots and a very small stick. We present very good bus service information below, and we encourage a lift-share scheme for every event. If you need a lift at any time, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also charge £3 for each car for some of our events and £5 to park overnight; all the parking monies go towards our Renewable Energy Fund.
Directions to Radford Mill Farm, Radford (near Timsbury) BA2 0QF
Please note there are several "areas" of the farm and two principal driveway entrances: the Farmhouse, Driveway Meadow and the River Meadow are accessed via the Farm driveway; and The Piggery, Vegetable sales, and the Mill are accessed via Mill Lane. Volunteers who are staying overnight should aim for the Farmhouse. If arriving on foot (from the bus in Timsbury) the Farmhouse is down the hill to the right; the Piggery is down the hill and to the left, near Mill Lane.
By BUS, from Bath:
Buses are approximately every 1 1/2 hours Monday to Saturday 07:30 to 23:00, and four buses on Sunday 10:00 to 18:00. From Bath Bus station (next to Bath Spa Rail station) there are two buses: FirstBus no. 179 to Timsbury British Legion Hall and CT Coaches no. 768 to Camerton Old Post Office (they both take about 25 minutes). No. 768 sometimes stops in Bay 3 and sometimes in the main road in front of the bus station.
From the British Legion Hall walk south on Newman's Lane, past the Fish and Chip shop on the left, then turn right past the pharmacy on the left, to the end. Turn left about 75 metres passing the church on your right, then turn right at the T-junction (the Clock Shop and red telephone box will be behind you). Walk about 100 metres, turn left at Mill Lane and walk down the lane until the pavement runs out.
There are now two choices:
- - for events at The Piggery and Mill Lane end of the farm, walk straight ahead, down the dirt track for about
5 minutes, follow the sharp left bend and then around and to the right and then left again (all within about 50 metres) and then as you re-join the tarmac straight ahead about 20 metres. You will see The Piggery down a track to your right, and the Mill is further down on Mill Lane.
- - for the Farmhouse or River Meadow end of the farm, stay on the tarmac pavement and turn right along St. John's Rd. to the end which is Greenvale Drive. Turn left and walk straight ahead between the houses, over the stile into the field; from here the Farmhouse is about 5 minutes' walk down across the grass. This field is Deeke's Hill, and you will see the footpath going down the field and diagonally to the right. At the lower right-hand corner of the field, go through the first stile and make a choice for your destination: the Farmhouse is a two minute walk to your right, and the Driveway Meadow and River Meadow are through the second and third stiles and down the driveway. The River Meadow is just below the very obvious Canal cut on your right. There's a footpath to the right on the far side of the Canal that leads to a set of steps down to the River Meadow.
If you get off the no. 768 at Camerton Old Post Office you walk in the direction the bus goes for about 90 metres and turn right at the crossroads. Walk along Durcott Lane to the end (about 10-12 minutes). Walk to the left and right towards Paulton, another 1-2 minutes and you will come to Mill Lane on the right; this is our entrance for the Mill, Piggery and vegetable sales. The second entrance is along the main road another 330 metres and you will see the Radford Mill Farm sign on your right. Walk up the Farm driveway for the River Meadow, Driveway Meadow, and the Farmhouse.
By BUS, from Bristol:
Bus no. 178 is approximately every hour Monday to Friday 05:50 to 19:25, and Saturday 09:10 to 19:10. From Bristol bus station or Temple Meads rail station take no. 178 to Timsbury - Bloomfield Rd/North Rd – this takes about 1 hour. Walk forward to the crossroads (the bus will have turned to the right) and cross over straight ahead, continue for about 300 metres past the graveyard on your left and then the church on your right, to the end which is a T-junction, and turn right. You will see the Clock Shop and red telephone box behind you; follow the directions from the Clock Shop (above).
By ROAD, from Bath:
Take A367 Wells Rd towards Wells/Radstock. Straight up through the houses and when amongst the shops the road bends sharp right and continues past the Bear pub, then up again until you reach the small Red Lion roundabout. Then straight ahead until the large Odd Down roundabout with the Park and Ride. Straight over (A367 towards Radstock, Peasedown and Shepton Mallet) for another ½ mile, until the road curves right and descends, then curves left. On the left bend you turn ½ right on the A3115 towards Tunley and Timsbury (about 2 miles). After passing through Tunley (with speed bumps, etc.) the road goes down a hill to a mini-roundabout; you take the right exit and continue straight on about 200 metres until the main road turns sharp right, but you go straight ahead on Weekesley Lane. Continue down Weekesley Lane about ½ mile to Radford, then right towards Paulton. After 75 metres find Mill Lane and our sign to Radford Mill on the right; this is the entrance and car park for the Mill and the Piggery. On the main road after another 330 metres you will see the Radford Mill Farm sign and driveway on your right; this is the entrance for the River Meadow, Driveway Meadow, Deeke's Hill, and the Farmhouse.
By ROAD, from Bristol:
Take the A37 Wells Rd. from Temple Meads rail station south, about 11 miles, passing through Pensford, Clutton and Temple Cloud. At the traffic light turn left on the A39 about ½ mile, though Hallatrow. Turn right at white bollards on B3355 ½ mile to Paulton. Straight over the small roundabout, and at the next micro-roundabout the main road turns sharp right, but you go straight ahead in front of the Red Lion pub. Continue straight ahead about 1 mile, through the houses and down the hill with the cemetery on your right, up the dark hill, straight over the crossroads, past the Somerset Inn on the right, down and up, and then at the bottom of the next downhill is the Radford Mill Farm driveway on the left. Mill Lane is straight ahead another 450 metres on the left.
From Bristol Airport:
There is an airport bus every 10-15 minutes to the city of Bristol which takes about 20 minutes, and get off at Temple Meads rail station (or the city Bus Station). There are five choices:
(1) Take bus no.178 from Temple Meads station as above "By bus from Bristol". Note the last bus times, below.
(2) If you are later than the last bus at Temple Meads rail station (19:35 Mon-Fri, 19:20 Sat.) or on Sunday you can take the bus from Bristol Airport to Bath and then then a local bus to Timsbury (last bus leaves Bath bus station
(3) If you miss the last bus from Bristol AND YOU HAVE made a prior arrangement with us, phone us or send a text when you are at Temple Meads station, take bus no. 376 ("Wells") and get off at White Cross / Hallatrow / A39. Bus no. 376 is at Temple Meads station at 19:46, 20:46, 21:46, 22:45 and 23:45 Mon-Sun. The farm is about 3 miles/5km away from White Cross so we will meet you at the car wash garage at White Cross. The bus driver may not know where this stop is, so -- it is two stops after the village of Temple Cloud, immediately (75 metres) after the A39 road turning on the left. The car wash garage is on the junction, easy to see on your right.
(4) If you have not made a prior arrangement with us then you can walk from White Cross to the Farm - - it takes about 45-50 minutes, it's just over 3 miles. Walk up the A39 through Hallatrow for 2/3 mile (1 km), turn right at the bollards to Paulton (3/4 mile, 1.5 km). Continue straight over two roundabouts, passing the Red Lion pub on the second roundabout, then the graveyard on your right, then up a hill, down a hill, up a little hill, and down another hill, and you will see the Radford Mill Farm sign on the left. Walk up the driveway for 300 metres or so, and you will find the Farmhouse.
(5) You can stay overnight in Bristol, and catch the bus the next morning.
- - - : - - -